Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We have a problem

Well dissapointing news .....
The walk has been going fine, great weather, good food,
nice people and I am feeling very strong.

With about 280k+ gone and en route to the city of Burgos
I´ve picked up a
stress fracture in my foot - xrays blah blah
- so I have been told by Dr - no
serious weight bearing
exercise allowed for 4 -6 weeks;
its pretty
sore and the whole thing pretty much sucks right now.
Thats all I can say .....


All the training and planning etc - so I am going to bus and
backpack
it to Santiago de Compostela and then see where
Andrew and Aleks are then and
catch up with them.

Deb doesnt leave Brisbane for 2 1/2 weeks so I guess
I´ll piss around
feeling sorry for my self for that time.

Thanks for all the support

THE END :(


4 comments:

  1. MATE!! what a bugger to put it mildly.

    You are still in a amazing country & in good health... the walk is off, but plenty of opportunity to explore what the rest of Spain has to offer for the next two & half weeks.
    Let the adventure begin!
    Chin up my brother.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. What bad luck after all of that planning. Hope that you are feeling more on top of things now and have found some alternative things to do in Spain. You could always try the Flamenco! Oh no, you did so no weight baring, guess that rules out dancing up a storm. See you back in Brisbane.
    Jon Womersley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Big Pete Sorry to hear about your foot. So disappointing after all your training but you are still in an amazing country. Go an enjoy the sites and surely there is some wine you can track down. Why not try your hand at bull fighting? Enjoy the rest of your trip and remember "it's the journey not the destination!". See you when you return to the gym. Cheers Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pedro - sorry to hear of your circumstanes after everything you have put into it. Having said that you are very resourceful and I'm sure you will find something entertaining. Cheers Gerry & Carmel

    ReplyDelete